What is the Trailblazer Fellowship?
The Trailblazer Fellowship is a 12-week summer internship experience that pairs top engineering students with top manufacturing companies. The immersion experience includes professional development training, building a peer network with other talented students, and mentoring by the manufacturing company and Flexware professionals.
► How does it work?
► What are the benefits?
- Receive top level students who are fully screened and eager to learn
- Create relationships with future prospective employees
- Help build the next generation of engineering talent
- Summer projects completed
- Peer exposure to other engineering managers
► What’s the DNA of a Trailblazer?
- Cumulative 3.5 GPA or higher (students with as low as a 3.2 GPA will be considered if they have extensive engineering and leadership experience)
- Demonstrated leadership potential (leaders in on- and off-campus clubs/organizations/athletics)
- Strong interest in careers within manufacturing
- Communication skills
► How is this internship program different than others?
► What are other Trailblazer host companies saying about the program?
Flexware Innovation’s Trailblazer Engineering Fellowship provided Estes Design and Manufacturing access to bright, motivated interns who were not only value added options, but enjoyable to interact with. Specifically to Estes, after a short orientation phase, our Trailblazer engaged in his assigned project quickly in a self-directed fashion. He immediately became immersed in deadline driven tasks and projects, continually taking responsibilities and ultimately became a valued and productive member of our design and development team. His efforts contributed to a measurable increase within our team’s productivity, supporting our ability to create new products and manufacturing solutions. The Trailblazer Engineering Fellowship overall gave Estes the exposure to bright individuals who had an interest in product design and manufacturing, providing a viable recruiting option along the way.”
-Tim Estes, President of Estes Design and Manufacturing