What is the Trailblazer Fellowship?
The Trailblazer Fellowship is a 12-week summer internship experience that pairs top engineering students with top manufacturing companies. The immersion experience includes professional development training, building a peer network with other talented students, and mentoring by the manufacturing company and Flexware professionals.
► What are the benefits?
- Peer relationships with other fellows
- Real-life experiences
- Work with top manufacturing employers
- Professional development sessions
- Competitive compensation
- Personal and professional growth
► What’s the DNA of a Trailblazer?
- Cumulative 3.5 GPA or higher (students with a low GPA will be considered if they have extensive engineering and leadership experience)
- Demonstrated leadership potential (leaders in on- and off-campus clubs/organizations/athletics)
- Strong interest in careers within manufacturing and technology
- Communication skills
► How is this internship program different than others?
► What types of projects have past Trailblazers worked on?
- Integrated Bluetooth technology into blood cholesterol test meters
- Built a cow tracker data gathering device using UNIX platform and python code
- Worked on a computer vision and machine learning project using OpenCV, Dlib, and C++
- Created the Flexware Factory which is an automated assembly line that builds LEGO cars
- Designed and created a diagram of a manufacturing plant’s network including all servers, switches, PLCs and IP addresses
- Aided a Senior Developer in creating a customer application for project tracking and employee management with custom live dashboards for the end user
► What are past Trailblazer saying about the internship program?
I enjoyed this internship because the projects were very interesting and allowed me the opportunity to make them my own. Also, I very much liked the work environment, since everyone was positive and willing to help.”
I did not expect myself to be working on such high importance and exciting projects. I always thought interns work on side projects that have little value to the company, but was pleasantly surprised by the projects I worked on.”
The experiences I had as a Trailblazer were very insightful and I gained a lot more knowledge, in a very wide spectrum, than I ever thought I would.”
► Apply now!